MIDDLE EAST — GMC is taking premium to the next level with expanded availability for its carbon fiber bed, 10-speed automatic transmission, plus additional technology like Adaptive Cruise Control – Camera1 to elevate the ownership experience in the 2020 Sierra 1500. The updates add to a robust portfolio of technologies that deliver an innovative and premium ownership experience.
“The Sierra is delivering the tech customers want in the light-duty truck market, and the 2020 model demonstrates that Professional Grade means never slowing down,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global GMC. “In just its first year on the market, the 2019 Sierra introduced the available, MultiPro tailgate. The truck’s 2020 updates show how the Sierra continues to raise the bar year in and year out.”
The Sierra 1500’s updates include the following:
- Industry-first CarbonPro Bed (available on the Crew Cab AT4)
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control – Camera.
- First full model-year availability of the AT4 CarbonPro Edition with the carbon fiber bed.
- 10-speed automatic transmission availability expands to 5.3L V-8 models (Double & Crew Cab SLTand AT4 models.
- New trailer tow mirrors are available as a free-flow option.
For 2020, the Sierra also receives Adaptive Cruise Control – Camera available on SLT, AT4 and Denali trim levels. The system features a single high-mounted camera behind the rearview mirror and can bring the Sierra to a complete stop.
Propulsion system advancements New for 2020, the 10-speed automatic transmission is now offered with the 5.3L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management. The 5.3L V-8 and 10-speed automatic pairing will be standard on the Sierra SLT and Sierra AT4 (Double and Crew Cabs) and available on all four-wheel drive Double and Crew Cab Sierras with the SLE trim level and above. The 10-speed automatic has more gears for more ratios, giving Sierra refined performance and outstanding shift quality.
Continued technological excellenceThe Sierra continues to offer a multitude of innovative features, including:
- World’s first MultiPro Tailgate – The most innovative pickup tailgate ever, with six unique functions and positions offering enhanced second-tier loading and load-stop solutions, a standing workstation and easy access to items in the box.
- Rear Camera Mirror1 – The segment-first Rear Camera Mirror offers an available dual-function interior rearview mirror with a camera view display that provides a wide view unobstructed by common visual obstructions like occupants or cargo. This next generation system features the ability to tilt or zoom the view.
The 2020 Sierra Denali features an Adaptive Ride Control suspension system designed to provide premium driving refinement with exceptional responsiveness. It provides continuous ride damping by employing sophisticated sensors to monitor road conditions and chassis responses in real time, enabling adjustments to active dampers every two milliseconds.
The Sierra AT4 CarbonPro Edition receives an updated appearance for 2020. Upgraded features include a new Black Chrome grille surround, new black exhaust tips and modified hard badges. The AT4 CarbonPro package will be available on the Crew Cab variant in Onyx Black, Summit White, Satin Steel Metallic and Carbon Black Metallic, each one complementing the styling updates brilliantly. These new features bring a more distinct look building on the AT4 trim, which already stands out among the segment’s off-road entries.